Event Celebrates April as “National Community Banking Month”
Children, ages 4 through 11, are invited to a special Rockville Bank program to discover the basics about saving money in a fun way. On Saturday, April 23 at 10 a.m., 12 of the Bank’s locations will host 30-minute “Rocky Raccoon’s Teach Kids to Save” events. There is no charge to attend, but advance registration is recommended by calling (860) 291-3600.
“Since April is ‘National Community Banking Month’, Rockville Bank is hosting these events as a way to introduce boys and girls to banking, while having fun at the same time,” explains William McGurk, President & CEO of Rockville Bank. “All 12 of the identical 10 a.m. ‘Teach Kids to Save’ events will feature activities to help children discover the difference between ‘wants’ and ‘needs’, show why it’s fun to save money, and tell how they can save money.” Refreshments will be served as part of the programs, McGurk adds.
The 12 locations that will host this April 23 Rockville Bank “Teach Kids to Save” event are:
- Colchester – 99 Linwood Avenue;
- Coventry – 1671 Boston Turnpike (Route 44);
- East Windsor – 39 Prospect Hill Road;
- Ellington – 12 Main Street;
- Enfield – 660 Enfield Street;
- Glastonbury – 1009 Hebron Avenue;
- Manchester – 768 North Main Street;
- Rockville – 25 Park Street;
- Somers – 612 Main Street;
- outh Windsor – 1645 Ellington Road;
- Suffield – 275 Mountain Road; and
- Tolland – 6 Fieldstone Commons.
Children and their parents should register in advance by calling (860) 291-3600.
Rockville Bank is a 21½-branch community bank serving Tolland, Hartford and New London counties in Connecticut. It provides a convenient banking lifestyle for Colchester, Coventry, East Windsor, Ellington, Enfield, Glastonbury, Manchester, Rockville, Somers, South Glastonbury, South Windsor, Suffield, Vernon, seven days a week in Tolland, and three Big Y supermarket locations. For more information about Rockville Bank’s services and products, call 860-291-3600 or visit www.rockvillebank.com.